Welcome to my blog. I hope that the pictures, poetry and devotional writings will inspire and encourage you. Your comments are welcomed.







Saturday, November 20, 2010

Psalm 91

This week's Sunday School lesson is from Psalm 91, the psalm of protection. The writer emphasizes God's protection and grace. As I studied and prepared for this week's lesson, I found myself reflecting on the grace and protection that I have received throughout my own life.

I will never forget my first encounter with Jesus. I was six years old and in a bible school program where we were being taught Jesus Loves Me and other children's songs with sign language. I had spent many Sunday school mornings coloring pictures of Jesus while my teacher shared the stories of Him from the bible. As I learned these songs and the sign language in preparation for the program that we would perform, I felt like I was singing to and for Jesus. While standing on the platform at the front of the church on the day of the performance, and at some point during the program, I silently and with all of my heart told Jesus that I loved Him. At that very moment, in an almost audible voice, I heard Him say, "I love you too and you belong to me."

John 10:27-28; "My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."

As a small child with a heart of innocence, I heard the Shepherd's voice and with that came the fullness of His mercy, His grace and His protection for eternity. As I grew up and became a teenager, I left church and allowed worldly influences into my life. For years I felt that I was in a constant Tug-of-War game between Satan and Jesus. I knew who Jesus was and I knew that I was living a sinful life, but I couldn't seem to get out of the game. Jesus never gave up on me. He was always there with me, loving me with the fullness of His grace and mercy because I belonged to Him. Satan pulled and tugged for many years, but he could not snatch me out of the hand that I had been given to when I first gave my heart to Jesus.

Psalm 91:14; "Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he hath known my name."

I was almost forty years old, when I returned to attending church again. One night during a revival, I walked down the aisle and totally surrendered my life. I committed it to the one who delivered me and set me on high because I knew His name. I now live Psalm 91. I dwell in that secret place of the most High and I abide in the shadow of the Almighty, because Jesus is the secret place and the shadow. He is my refuge and my fortress and in Him, I fully trust. He delivered me from the snare of the fowler and from the noisome pestilence. He covers me with his feathers of protection and His truth is my shield and buckler. I have no need to fear, because  He is my refuge and my habitation. No evil shall befall me or plague come near my home for He has given his angels instructions to watch over me at all times because I set my love upon Him and He delivered me. I knew His name, I called upon Him and He delivered me and has honored me with salvation and eternal life.

I am so thankful for Jesus and His love and protection. It is priceless to me. It doesn't matter what I did or the choices I made before, what matters is what He did for me and "the choice" I made to accept Him.

If you have never made that choice, do it now -
Jesus, I have read this testimony of you and your love. I want you to love me and to be my protector too. I have sinned but I am asking you now to come into my life and reveal yourself and your love to me. Be my shepherd, let me hear your voice, so that I too may love you and know you and receive salvation and eternal life. Amen.


Donna Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment