Welcome to my blog. I hope that the pictures, poetry and devotional writings will inspire and encourage you. Your comments are welcomed.







Monday, November 15, 2010

Moutain Lillies

My son, Joseph, and his wife, Missy, just returned from their honeymoon in Pigeon Forge. Ronnie, Bobby and I were there this past Spring. As we were driving through the mountains towards our destination, a bright orange plant along the side of the road caught my attention and curiosity. We stopped for me to get a closer look and to my surprise this strange plant was a lilly. It was growing wild but, unlike daylillies that I am familiar with, it didn't grow tall with it's face towards the sun. It hung it's head low, so I reached down and gently lifted the flower to get a picture. Inspired by God's word, I wrote a poem to capture my awe at His beauty.


In humility with head hung low, not allowing your beauty to show.
A brief moment is all it took to draw me back for a closer look.
Oh, the thing that God can build on the side of a mountain or in a
field, wild Lilies growing free, finely clothed for you and me.  


"Consider the Lillies, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Luke 12:27

Donna Marie

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful insight! Your poem gave me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete