Welcome to my blog. I hope that the pictures, poetry and devotional writings will inspire and encourage you. Your comments are welcomed.







Thursday, April 5, 2012

Jabez

Chronicles 4:10 - And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thou hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

So many times when we discuss, teach or even pray this scripture, we concentrate on the "Bless me and enlarge my coast (or territory)."  What if God granted the request of Jabez not because he asked for the blessing, but because he asked that God would keep him from evil so that he would not cause pain.

As Christians, we can unkowingly or unconciously cause pain to others by allowing the enemy to influence our thoughts. We sometimes say things without thinking first of how it may sound to someone else as it comes out of our mouth. Psalm 141:3 " Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips."

Even Jesus, in the Lord's prayer, instructed us to pray for God to deliver from evil. If this is the motive of our heart when we pray the prayer of Jabez, then our hearts will be pure. God will bless the pure in heart and as we receive His blessings, our coast (territory) will be enlarged.

Thessalonians 2: 3-3 " But the Lord is faithful who shall stablish you and keep you from the evil one."

Lord, I pray, keep me from all evil, so that I may not cause pain to you or anyone else. Amen

                                                                 Donna Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment